roadtripped from northwest to southeast corners of the continental US
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
ish. drink more water; floss.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no. this might be the last year i can answer thus.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
washington, oregon, california, arizona, new mexico, texas, louisiana, mississippi, tennessee, north carolina, south carolina, georgia, florida
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
april 29, curled up with my nana's afghan and fortnum & mason's royal blend
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
i moved home to vancouver
9. What was your biggest failure?
i did precious little else
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
the usual consumption
11. What was the best thing you bought?
renting laetitia, the cherry red chevy aveo
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
those who fought for freedom from oppressive dictatorships
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
everyone else's apathy
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
M83 - midnight city
17. Compared to this time last year, are you?
i. happier or hardened? tired
ii. thinner or fatter? i seem to gain and lose the same 5 lbs
iii. richer or poorer? i cancelled that gold card because of its exorbitant annual fee
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
work. all kinds.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
felt frustrated and anxious
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family, including a soon-to-be-sister-in-law
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
maybe a little
23. How many one-night stands?
none. ever. still.
i think my roommate more than compensates for my lack.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
evidently i still seethe
26. What was the best book you read?
just reading for fun again is the best
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
i unearthed a lot of older artists and genres as well as discovering new ones
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i bid good riddance to my twenties in the depths of tennessee with bourbon, some good ol' boys, and the arcade fire
32. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
finishing my fucking dissertation
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
pajama pants *sigh*
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
cowardice, greed, and hypocrisy are hardly worthy of fancy
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
reconnection with past persons