got real paid
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i am tiresomely irresolute
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
miss_deified welcomed eliot into the world
4. Did anyone close to you die?
chadrock's uncle put up a viking-strength fight against a rare and insidious cancer. far too often, cancer is a victorious asshole.
5. What places did you visit?
the usual suspects: seattle and calgary
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
a place of residence
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
august 5: my baby brother got married
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
i'm a real live doctor lady with a PhD
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
astonishingly, not really
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my way out of debt
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
paying off debt
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
everything i used to listen to and got to hear live
17. Compared to this time last year, are you?
i. happier or hardened? neither
ii. thinner or fatter? more womanly
iii. richer or poorer? i gots all the monies!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
sex, drugs, rock'n'roll
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
overblown family drama
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
more trying than falling
23. How many one-night stands?
none. ever. still.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
the walking dead
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
caitlin moran - how to be a woman
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
a job in vancouver
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
dinner at culina's, drinks at the garneau. 31.
32. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
dresses / 'jamas
34. What kept you sane?
what is this sanity of which you speak?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
everyone is terrible
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the war on women, both literal and figurative
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
sled island kids