travelled to new places
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
less resolute, more crapshoot: job job job job job
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
the duchess <3
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
countries: cuba (havana), ireland (belfast/galway/dublin), england
cities: calgary, jasper, victoria, sechelt
landscapes: mountains, valleys, rivers, oceans
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
job job job job job
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
the calgary flooding in june during sled island
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
the feminist resistance
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
everything/everywhere/everyone is terrible
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you?
i. happier or hardened? content
ii. thinner or fatter? shapely
iii. richer or poorer? dollar bill$ y'all
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
sex, drugs, rock'n'roll
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
drama-free family fun
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
with new places. my other love remains constant.
23. How many one-night stands?
none. ever. still.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
boardwalk empire / walking dead / game of thrones
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
lad mags / courtneys
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
a job in vancouver
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
joss whedon's much ado about nothing
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 32 surrounded by my best edmonton ladies
32. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
job job job job job
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
dresses and tights/leggings
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
none to speak of
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the west wing (liberal escapism)
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?